Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Updates for my portfolio for June 2019

Still need a lot of work on my portfolio watchlist, looking to include shares from other developed nations. I am still working on something on the side, hope to get something out by end of next month. Let's see how it goes. I am also facing new stressful challenges at work, hope I would be able to perform to hit my next milestone salary in the next few years.
  • Sell Hongkong Land for 6.8
    • Reasons
      • I missed the peak at 7.5, but didn't have any opportunities then
      • Selling shift funds from HKL to other counters
      • It is a profitable one but I admit looking back, Hang Lung Properties would have been a better one, considering HKL has no clear view of growth. Something to learn and take note in the future.
  • Sell AIMS APAC REIT for 1.4
    • Reasons
      • I actually about breakeven after dividends with this counter
      • I realised that there's actually not much growth it can pursue, plus the industrial segment of Singapore dynamics have changed.
      • Selling shift funds from AIMS to other counters, the small size kept me from selling it since it is a REIT that I held on to since years back when I first started. Now with FSMOne, I can let go of such positions as well without incurring too much fees.
  • Buy Alphabet for 1040
    • Reasons
      • The antitrust investigation news hammered the share price down loads (6%), which made it a discount of about 30%
      • I missed the window of 1020+, I waited for a few days but share price failed to go lower, there was 3 tests of going past about 1040 range but failed, so I decided to buy.
      • Thanks BW for pointing out to me the engulfing pattern + reducing volume despite the increasing sell momentum.
  • Sell SGX for 7.55
    • Reasons
      • I missed the peak at 8, but didn't have any opportunities then
      • Selling shift funds from SGX to other counters and awaiting opportunities
      • I kinda regret selling my SGX first before Starhill and Singtel considering SGX is a much better company but oh well, I ended up selling them all
      • My thoughts then was that if we are to see another recession, SGX would have significant downside as revenue would decrease from less transactions while the cost base is the same.
  • Buy Greatview Aseptic Packaging for 4.2
    • Reasons
      • Yay, my first HK share :)
      • Been eyeing this counter since the Jardines took a stake in it.
      • Trading at 6.42% yield, which is higher than historical 5 year high yield of about 6.2%
      • One of the bigger competitors to TetraPak which makes stuff like your sweet drinks and milk cartons and stuff
      • One thing though, I miscalculated the FX resulting in a smaller position that I would have liked, hopefully I would be able to add more.
  • Sell Starhill Global REIT for 0.75
    • Reasons
      • Selling to shift funds from Starhill to take profits and awaiting opportunities
      • Upside capped, despite ongoing efforts to AEI and turnaround, it is not overvalued but just selling weaker counters for stronger opportunities
  • Buy Lion Rock Group for 1.37
    • Reasons
      • Trading at 7.3% yield, which is at the past 10 year historical high yield of 7.3%
      • One of the bigger printers in the industry with an interesting asset light model, the CEO seems to be good at turning around the business (with some track record too).
      • If I am not wrong, they have a local subsidary in Singapore called COS Printers (thanks Solace).
  • Sell Singtel for 3.43 (half position)
    • Reasons
      • Selling to increase cash position and awaiting opportunities
      • Looking to sell the next batch when the price is right, hopefully before XD in 26Jul19

Well, that's all for my money right now. This month I actually switched around quite a bit, a "Marie Kondo" of my portfolio I guess.

My cash position is accumulating (~22%), but have to save more, I know quite a few bloggers who have gone into much larger cash positions. In addition, I'm probably looking to unload more Singtel in case opportunities arises (hopefully). I was hoping to load up some on Singapore banks but didn't get any.

My StocksCafe portfolio will look funny because it now includes portfolios I am testing and playing around. So I will update my holdings here.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]