Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Updates for my portfolio for August 2018

Still need a lot of work on my portfolio watchlist, looking to include shares from other developed nations. I'm paying off the balance transfer faster than I would and maybe do another one using Maybank. In addition, I'm on a steep learning curve for my side venture, as I'm gonna do everything DIY instead of letting people do it for me (more costly), let's see how it goes.

  • Buy Hong Kong Land at 7
    • Reasons
      • PB of 0.45x, which is close to a non crisis low of 0.42x
      • Dividend yield is 2.9%, which is close to 5 year high of 3.5%
      • On a side note, I didn't know that you have the click settlement in SGD and the EPS payment didn't appear on my iBanking. Had to call the broker to get FX rates, the rates was quite close to interbank rates actually.
      • For dividends, I have to choose the currency as well. I found out that DBS Vickers can link up with Multiplier to get paid in USD but at the moment, I don't have sufficient transactions in USD to justify shifting my accounts over. I get the same interest rate for DBS Multiplier as OCBC 360.

Well, that's all for my money right now. Still holding to quite a bit of cash (~33%). The yield curve seems to be narrowing, so I terminated my ILP (at a huge loss, 46%) to raise cash and divert the monthly premium to my warchest.

Telcos reversed recently, hopefully I can get rid of M1 and maybe get other counters or stay in cash.

For those of you who wanna see more information, my SGX portfolio is on SGXCafe too! You can find it here.

2 comments:

  1. I also bought some HK Land at $7.00 back in August. I still think the fundamental investment thesis was correct and I'm adding to my holdings following the drop to only $6.00 a share. My thinking with this stock is to buy when it's relatively cheap and hold for the long term (at least 5 to 7 years). At the moment I'm confident enough to make HK Land one of my portfolio cornerstones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. It seems to be doing fine, the only thing I feel is hopefully they can find catalysts to boost their performance.

      Delete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]