Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Well, as you guys know, I backed a kickstarter previously here.

I also got the prior version earlier from Capitalgain Studios (Thanks Yvonne!) here.

On Monday (wanted to pen the post earlier but night shift =/), I saw the mail lady open up my letterbox and put a parcel in, paired with the knowledge of an update from Kickstarter saying that they are shipped out, I eagerly went to open the mail and found THE PARCEL, Wongamania Banana Economy :D


The box is way bigger than the one I had but looks really nicer than the Limited Edition (now called "Malaysian Edition" o_o) too!

Here's a picture for comparison:


The box is huge!!! It's similar to the boxes of the games such as Munchkins :)

Well, time to unbox!~~~

Unboxed!

Looks great! Colorful and fun art work, complete with a playing mat, dice, token and market cycle board, provides a nicer experience when playing. That explains why the box is a lot bigger.


On a side note, perhaps a suggestion, maybe the market cycle disc could be made the same way as the original Wongamania 4-card market cycle, might make the box smaller, then I'll use the divider in the old box to identify one as discard pile and market deck (could print in the box I guess). Perhaps slightly longer than the old box with an additional small region to put the dice and ingot token. Helps me save space when I'm playing in places like Mcdonalds with friends where table space isn't that big. Sorta make it more compact.

The game plays pretty much the same way as the original but it is much more player friendly. :)

The new instruction sheet is also more elaborate in explaining the flow and inner workings of the game :)

They added new components such as
  • New dice (some cards require dice rolls)
  • New ingot token (to replace the old W token previously)
  • New asset classes including my favourite dividend stocks :p
  • New effect cards too :)
  • Helpful Score Card and quick reference guide on the Bank card

There is an interesting fun fact card. Sounds reallllllll familiar isn't it. :P



Overall, it is much more challenging yet fun compared to the original with more diversity :) It is a good game to learn/teach investing while playing, similar to Cashflow 101/202. I also like the new art work from Andy Choo much more than the one I have previously too :)

Wongamania: Banana Economy will get an official launch on 09 Sep 16 at Kinokuniya Ngee Ann City, do check it out if you're interested! :)

EDIT (12 Sep 16): 

Sleeved the cards up!
Ultra PRO Deck Box

Have to figure out a way to make the Economy Cycle and Instructions smaller. See what I can do. The dice and token fits though.

Oh, if you're wondering card protector sleeves I used, here it is:





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]