Post Page Advertisement [Top]



I actually signed up for the Fifth Person course: "Dividend Machines" a couple of weeks ago.

So pumped up and watched all the videos before the workshop actually.

The information covered is awesome, comprehensive yet simple.

The trainers, Victor and Rusmin, gives me the idea that they are pretty honest and decent. During the training, they are pretty honest with their answers to questions and ideology behind why they analyse it this way.

Actually at the end of the course, they did suggest a subscription to their watchlist (or shopping list, Investment Quality Trends anyone?), but they did make sure that people aren't following blind and actually have the money to invest, so that they can utilise that list (which sadly I have neither the spare funds for the subscription nor a larger pool of capital for deployment).

I liked their ideas and methodology, that I was tempted to sign up for the Investment Quadrant course actually. I approached Victor regarding that question and instead of promoting the sale of the course (which most trainers do), he actually told me to try my hand at following their checklist and analysing the dividend stocks, then if I find it okay, I can proceed to the Investment Quadrant course.

I like the idea that they use 20% of the passive income to fund a charity, while 80% of the passive to reinvest into the dividend stock fund (hey that seems to be a way to live on your dividend income too). The course fees are also said to contribute to charity too.

As some of you might know, I love Connected Capitalism, which are also exhibited by Coca Cola and Mcdonalds. Creating not just a single one-time donation to charity, but creating a sustainable means of providing to society (I personally do contribute to literacy charity funds as well). :)

They are pretty honest on their yields too, it is an estimated of 7-15% (15% provided you have the courage to pump a huge load of money during a crisis). Seems logical and decent enough (considering the yields of dividend stocks).

Do note that they are into stocks globally not just Singapore though (I'll happily stay in Singapore though :p).

I won't go through the components of their methodology as it is their hard work, but if you want similar (but not same), I could suggest a couple of books for you.

But if you want a course where they packaged everything together with extra information and explain it to you (definitely much faster than reading 3-5 books), this course is for you. I personally learned a few new ideas which I did not find from a book anywhere as well.

They also suggested a portfolio like this:





They recommend at least 5 stocks in dividend stocks (if you're wholly into them) for minimum diversification too (hehe modern portfolio theory :p).


Oh right, that reminds me, I forgot to ask them if Investment Quadrant would be useful while being mostly focused on SG stocks as well (Overseas stocks I'm unsure, but that's just me).

Also, random, Santouka seems to have cut off the Hojicha and pork cheek (to only one sad slice of Pork) from the Awase Aji Ramen. Damn sad, they could have just increased the price and maintained the same ingredients of my favourite ramen :(

2 comments:

  1. May I get your suggestions on what books would be similar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello headbands,

      There's not exactly a book that covers everything they talk about (they have their own criteria to match too).

      But perhaps, these:
      For REITs - Building Wealth Through REITs by Bobby Jayaraman
      For dividend counters - There's no good books I can think of that has a Singapore focus, perhaps "The Single Best Investment" by Lowell Miller and "Dividends Still Don't Lie" by Kelley Wright. But both are US focused, but you can get some ideas from there. Morningstar's book "Ultimate Dividend Playbook" has ideas too.

      Azrael

      Delete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]