Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Updates for my portfolio for April 2019

Still need a lot of work on my portfolio watchlist, looking to include shares from other developed nations. I finally paid off two of my balance transfers, a reminder that interest costs >3% is kinda expensive (Maybank is cheapest so far), just feels sad that the interest reduces my returns. Considering the maximum balance transfer I can take will reduce the gearing I have for the portfolio and Maybank REIT financing interest costs have increased to 3.28% from 2.88%, probably focus on investing better and probably use the balance transfers as a salary advance for opportunities.

In addition, I'm trying a couple of things on the side again in my efforts to diversify my income, let's see how it goes.
  • Sell Axos Financials 35.0 Call for 0.35
    • Reasons
      • As you can see from the chart, it seems like the trends is on a uptrend (downtrend broken).
      • Just testing around with a Call Option instead of a Put, with a premium of 1%
      • I read up a bit on how people use options to generate some cashflow and applying it in reality to see if their writing matches my data trends (though I have too little data points at the moment)
      • At the point of selling the Call, premium when up to 1% instead of being much much lower, there was an earning release on 30Apr19, which could be risk.
      • There's a support around $33 and $35 so let's see if it breaks.
      • As of today, earnings was more optimistic than expected, however it seems to have trouble breaking the $33 resistance, let's see if it would break by the middle of May.
      • Even if the Call is exercised, I would be in a profitable position at the end of it, though the risk is there that I miss the whole run up, which I am considering the buy back the call if the cost is half or less than the price I sold for. Let's see how it goes.




Well, that's all for my money right now. My cash position is starting to accumulate (~12%), but have to save more.

For those of you who wanna see more information, my portfolio is on StocksCafe, you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]