Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Updates for my dividend portfolio for April 2017

Trying to finish the remainder of my watchlist, leaving mostly REITs (I'm only 74% of the way T_T).
  • Sell Soilbuild REIT at 0.68
    • Reasons
      • Previously average down using Rights Issue to 0.668.
      • It did not fit my risk profile (due to heavier O&G exposure), as well as I feel I have too many REITs ^^"
      • Let it go once it broke even at price after comms
      • Made about return 6.5% after dividends
  • Buy Singtel at 3.82
    • Reasons
      • Significant drop in the morning
      • ~4.58% yield is decent, midway between the dividend yield ranges
      • Impulsive buy (I initially targeted 3.80-3.81)
      • In Hindsight I should have calmed down, waited until the end of the day and think further (dropped to 3.7)
      • A small nibble only
  • Sell Vanguard S&P500 ETF at 214.73 
    • Reasons
      • One day late of a weekly sell signal, better sell now
      • After much more research, I realised that the 30% dividend withholding tax is not worth it, so I decided to switch to Berkshire Hathaway (which has no dividends, thus will never be taxed), waiting for a decent entry now.



Well, that's all for my money right now.

For those of you who wanna see more information, my SGX portfolio is on SGXCafe too! You can find it here.

2 comments:

  1. Given how market perform recently, it might just be wise to take profit to increase cash position. Then wait for another pull back before going in again.

    All the best to your trades & investments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Solace,

      Yup agreed. That's why I decided I could let go of all my US positions while waiting for the pullback. The upside for BRK-B for me is not enough as well. Probably waiting further.

      SG market wise, recently quite a bit of advancement. Have to wait for the next pull back.

      Thanks! Same to you too :)

      Delete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]