Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Hi guys, been thinking doing a series of personal finance blogpost for everybody out there. I think it would help with coming to terms with money. It's my first time, so sorry if I did anything poorly.

Before we start, remember my disclaimer at the bottom of my blog. (Remembering AK's Bo Yao Hai Wo :p)

So let's begin with the first topic:

Why Personal Finance




Why do we need to know personal finance?

Don't you find it interesting? We learn all sorts of subjects in school, history, geography, biology, chemistry and physics, all their intricacies.
Yet the topic about managing your own money is not really covered, if at all, in school.

This lack of knowledge is hurting us badly.

It has a MASSIVE impact on our lives
  • Not have enough money to retire (something I notice in the many of the Singaporeans I know today)
  • Not enough to fund our kids to the overseas university of his dreams (my dad had to work as child to pay for his school fees, his elder sister had to quit her schooling to go to work to pay for her siblings as well)
  • Marital problems (I say this from personal experience, even to this date, my parents do argue over money, just lesser now that we are slightly better off)

Let me reassure you that it is no rocket science, just that unlike the past where there is lack of information, we are now flooded with information in the internet on what to invest in as well as the various instruments that we can invest in. Too much noise I say.

In the weeks to follow, I'll do some short posts on the following topics, namely:
  • How do we subconsciously manage money
  • Liquidity (or how easy can we access money when we want it)
  • Cash Flow Matters (where does your money go to?)
  • Magic of Compounding (the 8th wonder of the world, how small interest becomes big over time)
  • Why Boring is Awesome in Investing

I'll try my best to include as much information yet maintaining simplicity (I'll try not to be longwinded too >__<)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]