Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Updates for my portfolio for December 2018

Still need a lot of work on my portfolio watchlist, looking to include shares from other developed nations. I kinda maxed my balance transfer monthly payment, let's see how it affects me psychologically (if any). In addition, I'm back to the drawing board for my side venture, let's see how it goes.
  • AX Puts got assigned at 25
    • Reason
      • Share prices fell just below my strike price 24.75 (which was what I wanted anyway) at the very last day nearing the end of the market (wah lao)
      • No cash to sell more put options at the moment, so KIV for now
  • Sell Facebook at 123.02 (Loss)
    • Reasons
      • Liquidate existing positions to short NASDAQ further, share prices has been falling, probably discounting future growth prospects and Facebook might need a lot more money to fix their security issues
  • Buy PSQ (NASDAQ Inverse ETF) at 36.2307
    • Reasons
      • Short NASDAQ considering it has more to fall compared to S&P500 in general
      • The bear market seems to be beginning (ok frankly, it started in Oct based on charts)
      • Trade war seems to have priced in but I don't think the market slowdown globally is priced in yet, so hope to see more declines over the next year
      • The lack of leverage (I didn't go for 2x or 3x ETFs either) means I have holding power and no cost of leverage to pay for while shorting
      • Looking to see myself holding it for 12 months thereabouts
  • Buy Singtel at 2.98
    • Reasons
      • Added my last amount to hit the cap of 20% in my portfolio
      • Yield of 5.8% thereabouts.
      • I got it just on XD, which I forgot it would sink further (meh)
  • Buy Ho Bee Land at 2.3
    • Reasons
      • I actually forgot to cancel my GTD order and it triggered before I realised ^^"
      • PB is at around 0.49 at purchase which is around slightly below fair value of the range non-crisis PB low (0.39).
      • I don't expect it to really drop to 0.17 PB due to the change in business model to more of a property holding company
      • It has expanded to UK (CDL recently purchased properties in UK as well), and I feel there would be much more growth in the years to come. 

Well, that's all for my money right now. My cash position is quite low (~8%), but have to save more. My portfolio is being hammered quite badly this year (-23%). Makes me wonder if I will be okay sometimes (my overall XIRR since I started now is just breakeven).

For those of you who wanna see more information, my portfolio is on StocksCafe, you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]