Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Updates for my portfolio for Apr 2018

Still need a lot of work on my portfolio watchlist, looking to include shares from other developed nations. But all of these are on hold as I'm having some heavy commitments (finishing my research into property investing soon, so more stuff to do after that ^^").

  • Sell Comfort Delgro at 2.15 (loss)
    • Reasons
      • Structural Change in industry due to disruption from Grab and Uber
      • Although Grab and Uber has decided on merger, and potential entry of Go-Jek from Indonesia here. There's Ryde too.
      • If Go-Jek really enters the market, Go-Jek would have to be very aggressive to steal the market share from Grab which would be to Comfort's disadvantage.
      • Despite the recent string of small acquisitions by Comfort, I'm not really sure if it is really enough, even if drivers start coming back.
      • Comfort can maintain the 5% dividend but I'm not sure what is the new norm and whether there's much growth.
      • Might look to enter again if it becomes really cheap and priced irrationally though.


Well, that's all for my money right now. Still holding to quite a bit of cash (~50%).

For those of you who wanna see more information, my SGX portfolio is on SGXCafe too! You can find it here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Azrael,

    Wow! Nice, ~50% cash. Going to deploy them for your business or for a market crash? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi UN,

      These are for market crashes or when opportunity arises (looking into other markets or non-dividend counters).

      My funds for my business is a separate savings amount. Quite little compared to my portfolio+cash position, not even 5% ^^"

      Delete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]