Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Updates for my dividend portfolio for October 2015

I believe my analysis is still not comprehensive enough yet, looking to improve in the future. (I'm still doing my mini checklist for screening dividend stocks, left with 8, then maybe a final filter)
  • Bought Silverlake Axis at 0.595
    • Reasons
      • Panic from that news about it being a fraudulent company recently
        • At least from the update in their AGM, things looks fine and make sense (Rusmin covered it well here :) )
      • Good business make sense, makes software for big banks like OCBC, CIMB, etc
      • Price has hit a low of around 40 cents but has reversed and maintained at around 60 cents (probably waiting for the update from the independent auditor)
      • Dividends has been increasing across the years
      • Almost zero debt
      • Small cap stock but there's plenty of upside
      • Dividend yield at 6.55%, near the historical high dividend yield
      • Need less REITs in my portfolio to balance (with a possible rate hike on Dec 2015, REITs might be badly hit, though might have a good discount ;) )
  • Bought First REIT at 1.175
    • Reasons 
      • Panic from Lippo's announcement (but may or may not be true), brought it to a low for a nibble
      • Fundamentals looking sound
        • 100% occupancy consistently (healthcare, economy good or bad sure will get sick, sad that it only owns 2 nursing homes in Singapore, I prefer Parkway Health but no discount :( )
        • Long lease expiry
        • Interest Coverage more than 3x consistently
        • Low cost of debt
        • Gearing below 40%
        • Good Sponsor
        • Property yields are more or less maintained
      • 6.85% dividend yield, around halfway of the dividend yield extremes
      • PB Ratio of 1.54, close to the extreme of 0.99 low


That's all for now with my tiny bit of money, need to topup my warchest again :(

EDIT (I forgot to write it last night, too tired): On a side note, I didn't manage to get into Saizen after the news of it being sold at NAV to arbitrage, was aiming for 20-30% return by 1Q 2016 for it, but only had 5% left, so I didn't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]