Post Page Advertisement [Top]


As I previously went to Property Soul's (Vina Ip) rental property course as written here, I decided to borrow her book as I have actually tried to physically locate the book for months.

For some reason, the book kept getting borrowed around me, Be it I visited it on the day the loan expires or the day after, I couldn't find it. The place that often had the book was Bukit Merah Library and despite two attempts at visiting it, the book was nowhere to be found.

Extremely frustrating.

So I decided to bite the bullet and try reserving the item for $1.55. I previously didn't want to because I had the other books to borrow, as you have seen the various property book posts here, here, here, here and here. But now there's no other book regarding property investment that I am interested/cannot get it as an ebook, I figured I'll just pay the $1.55.

Strangely, after booking it, I was shown a prompt on the screen saying that it will be taken from Bukit Merah Library and delivered to the nearest library of my choice. Yes, Bukit Merah Library, the library I spent a few hours searching and found nothing. =\

So I got a notification two days later saying it has arrived. Really fast! I'm impressed as I made the reservation on a Sunday.

So I went to the library of my choice, I was coming after work so I was worried it would close.

But going into the library, I realise I couldn't find it and asked the guard and he directed me to the shelves in the image above.

Wow, really reminds me of collecting my parcel from the Singpost POPStation, plus it works 24 hours too!

So it will verify that it is you and ask you to make payment on spot (I guess it prevents people from not paying and owing the library money).

The payment can be done using EZLink, but be warned that if you don't collect it by the reservation expiry date, the fee is not refundable.

Man, that's real convenient for $1.55 actually.

Looking forward to use the service again should I require it.

Thank you for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you like the service. I have been using it for years now and harvesting the investing knowledge from the library. If you are looking to property, the best book to borrow is not Vina's book though she is doing a great job of educating the public about the current property climate. The best book is hidden somewhere in the riches of the library. It had helped me map out the property cycle and it is rather accurate. By right, the property prices should have gone down already according to the cycle if not for the DPS. Well, all "good" things will come to an end. If one keeps kicking the can down the road, the can will eventually get crushed by oncoming cars when it crossed a busy road lol ... CDL & OUE take note :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous,

      Thanks for the comment.

      Looks like you read a lot too :)

      Do you have a recommendation of a book to read regarding the property cycle? I would love to read it.

      Thank you in advance :)

      Delete
    2. Not just books on the property cycle. But the secret to investing as well. I have read the books that unlocked the key to investing and... it is really simple actually. Took me three books to find the pattern and it is not written by Warren Buffett. Old man is great or the greatest but he does not actually share alot amidst all the folksy wise cracks and stories. That being said, I will just leave you with this final piece of advice; certain things are best remembered if you put in the effort yourself and when you have mastered the art, your greatest enemy is staring right back at you from the mirror. Have fun, Dugu Qiubai signing off

      Delete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]