Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Updates for my portfolio for May 2018

Still need a lot of work on my portfolio watchlist, looking to include shares from other developed nations. But all of these are on hold as I'm having some heavy commitments, work is not very friendly now as they are cutting OT and time after work is reduced.

  • Buy Starhill Global REIT at 0.685
    • Reasons
      • PB and Dividend Yield is near 5 year lows (0.74x and 7.2%)
      • Generally, the outlook of retail seems to be flat and potentially recovering, dividend yield is decent while waiting
  • Buy Singtel at 3.29
    • Reasons
      • Dividend Yield is 5.3%. FCF is able to support their current dividends unlike Starhub and M1.
      • Averaging down despite a bad quarter, however, a smaller contract size than usual as I am quite concentrated in Singtel (~23% before buying)
      • Despite potential entry of TPG and the competitions of the MVNOs, I still have faith in the company's performance in the coming years. The MVNOs could potentially become sieves that segregate consumers into groups while optimising the use of bandwidth I guess. Let's see how it pans out in the long term.
      • It seems Singtel enterprise segment isn't doing as well as Starhub though.

One thing to note is my XIRR for this year has fallen to -2% just because Singtel has fallen quite a bit recently. All the more reminder to me about the dangers of concentrating too much on a single counter. I'm looking to add other counters other than Singtel, but I am having problems finding them, frankly.

Well, that's all for my money right now. Still holding to quite a bit of cash (~45%). I recently tried a balance transfer for fun to pay for the above two positions. Let's see how it works :)

For those of you who wanna see more information, my SGX portfolio is on SGXCafe too! You can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]